Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
extopgun  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:40:35 AM(UTC)
extopgun

Groups: Registered

In all other respects works fine but has a constant heavy vibration even with noload condition. I have nver disassembled a Maytag Dryer
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

extopgun  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 7:00:41 AM(UTC)
extopgun

CORRECTION: MODEL NO. is actually MDE4000AYW In looking closer it appears disassembly is very similar to Neptune washer I did last week.
Joe / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:27:39 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: extopgun Go to Quoted Post
CORRECTION: MODEL NO. is actually MDE4000AYW In looking closer it appears disassembly is very similar to Neptune washer I did last week.

Topgun,

Very simillar access procedure, of course no tub boot to contend with,

however, once you get the door, front panel, and top retainer bracket/screws off, you'll need to remove the front tumbler support and door openning shroud, 4 screws,(there's more than that) holdind the assembly to the cabinet front frame.

Once you have the support removed look down inside the blower assembly, for lint or a cracked / broken vane on the blower wheel, turn the front drum support around and check the condition of the front drum glides.

Remove the tumbler and check the two rear rollers, idler pulley and belt condition.

I'm pretty sure you can handle that,

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
extopgun  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 6:52:37 AM(UTC)
extopgun

I didn't catch the remark about more screws than 4, so removed support and shroud as 2 pieces. Came off ok that way but had to assemble them together before installing,after several attempts with them individually. Blower wheel was packed with lint so tight it came out like pressed felt. JOE, thank you very much for your response and for sharing you expertise. Works fine now. No expense and not a lot of time or effort. This for is greatly appreciated in this household.
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 18, 2011 10:12:06 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: extopgun Go to Quoted Post
I didn't catch the remark about more screws than 4, so removed support and shroud as 2 pieces. Came off ok that way but had to assemble them together before installing,after several attempts with them individually. Blower wheel was packed with lint so tight it came out like pressed felt. JOE, thank you very much for your response and for sharing you expertise. Works fine now. No expense and not a lot of time or effort. This for is greatly appreciated in this household.

Topgun,

I learned about the shroud screws, the hard way, myself.

We're glad you were able to solve the problem, and at no cost to boot.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

Good Luck,

:D :D :D
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply