Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bolingmike  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2008 9:30:42 AM(UTC)
bolingmike

Groups: Registered

Question about the dryer heating cycle, does the heating element cycle on and off during timed drying? I have a Kenmore Model 110-62622101 Serial # MP1188089 Heavy Duty Super Capacity dryer that started drying our clothes intermittently. I removed the vent hose and checked it for blockage and there was none, I removed the back from the dryer, removed the lint trap shute that covers the blower motor and cleaned it and then replaced. Cleaned all lint from all parts of the dryer. With back of dryer still removed, plugged the dryer into the power outlet and noticed that with the drying setting on timed high heat and the power button pushed there is good air flow, but the heating element does not start to glow imediately, it takes a few seconds to start to glow and then will stay glowing for about 1 to 2 minutes and turn off and then turn back on in about 1 to 2 more minutes. Is this correct operation for the heating element? If not, could someone please advise on what to test first?

Thanks Mike
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

krausjw  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 21, 2009 3:04:06 AM(UTC)
krausjw

Don't know if it's too late to help or not. I had the exact same problem with a Kenmore 70 series dryer. The fix that worked was to replace the gave valve coils. There are two of them to replace and they are sold as a set.

I'm no expert but my understanding is that they can't be tested, so you have to gamble some by replacing them. I had tried several other fixes which did not work so the coils were next. Cost for the replacement set was $30.

Hope this helps.
bolingmike  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 5:46:34 AM(UTC)
bolingmike

krausjw
Thanks for the reply, but I think the Gave Valve colis is on a gas dryer but not sure, but anyways my dryer is electric.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 5:28:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bolingmike Go to Quoted Post
...but the heating element does not start to glow imediately, it takes a few seconds to start to glow and then will stay glowing for about 1 to 2 minutes and turn off and then turn back on in about 1 to 2 more minutes. Is this correct operation for the heating element?...

Mike,

This is exactly how it should work. It heats up to the proper temperature then shuts off, cools down for about 25°F-30°F and then turns back on.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply