Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amandaok  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2008 6:50:50 AM(UTC)
amandaok

Groups: Registered

my fridgidaire dryer is about 18 months old, and has stopped functioning. i was drying a load of clothes, a very small load, and it was working fine, opened the door to check the clothes, they were not dry so i closed the door, pressed the start button...nothing happened. this was maybe 20 minutes into a regular cycle, so i hadn't changed the time settings. we let it cool off, a few days later tried again, nothing. the lint trap was clean (in fact a couple of weeks before i had vacuumed it out) and i checked the hoses and they are fine.

this happened a coupel of months ago, and finally i threw a fit and told my husband i wanted the dryer fixed NOW and would not wait until we got out tax returns and simply buy a new one. i called around, and in my area reapirman charge $75+ just to come look at it. looking around online here today and when it first happened, i think it may be the thermo fuse or the sensor switch(?)...but is that something i can or should replace on my own, and where would i find the part? how expensive is it? it it's goingt o cost me more that say 75, 100 bucks to fix it, it woudl almost be cheaper to buy one on craigslist (or just wait until we get our tax returns, and buy a new set...but it seems so wasteful to buy a new one, since this one is only 18 months old! and there is nothing wrong with the washer...)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.