Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hjksunderlin  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 5:08:18 AM(UTC)
hjksunderlin

Groups: Registered

[FONT=&quot]I replaced the bottom roller because the original rollers rubber was all stretched out. I purchased roller kit 349241T from Amazon. I tested the dryer with no cloths before snapping the top back on and the drum seemed to turn smoothly. Happy as can be I put the dryer back together and put it back in place. I then dried the first load of cloths with the new bottom roller. Near the end of the drying cycle the dryer started making a loud bagging noise. I took the front panel back off to see what was going on and find out the rubber on the new roller was shredded to pieces and now little rubber pieces was all over the bottom of the dryer. My questions is what caused this to happen and is there to much weight being put on the roller?[/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 11:45:34 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for KENMORE 11070202990 | AppliancePartsPros.com

[COLOR="DarkRed"]My questions is what caused this to happen[/COLOR]
I cannot say but you may have re-assembled the dryer incorrectly.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]
and is there to much weight being put on the roller?[/COLOR]
Cannot see it. The rollers are well made you could probably put a couiple hundred pounds on them and they would be OK.

Did you spin the rollers after replacing them. They should rotate easily.

Did you rotate the drum manually in the correct direction to check if it was OK after re-assembly. You have to do this for at least 3 rotations.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 1:52:05 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Alot of times on your dryer model, the idler pully wheel, sometimes drags, or even a roller begins to drag, and then it creates this tug and pull sort of effect. The motor turning full speed, and the rollers, or the idler pully wheel draging, and the next thing you know, rubber is flying. So, I imagine you got the parts real cheap on Amazon, so I recommend a drive system rebuild. As a tech, I tell my customers, that this is the best way to do it. That way, you don't have to keep calling me out to replace 1 roller, or 1 idler pully, then the belt. So, in the customers eyes, they are not able to do the repair, but you are. So, you save a ton of money, not calling me out, So, if you want to nip this in the bud, for the next 7 years, replace all rollers, the idler pully, and the belt. The parts, are not that expensive, and Hey!!, your labor is free. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply