Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rmarch  
#1 Posted: : Sunday, January 30, 2011 1:13:33 PM(UTC)
rmarch

Groups: Registered

I have a whirlpool duet gas dryer model ggw9250pw1. Since new we have a large amount of dryer lint all over the first floor where this dryer is located. I have cleaned the hose and checked for holes and it not being connected to the back properly. It is clean all the way to the outside. I removed the front bottom cover and found a layer of dryer lint on the bottom inside and walls of the dryer. I have cleaned the screen and we still have lint all over the house. Wife dusts all the time and not happy. Thanks for any help.:mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 1:36:30 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rmarch Go to Quoted Post
I have a whirlpool duet gas dryer model ggw9250pw1. Since new we have a large amount of dryer lint all over the first floor where this dryer is located. I have cleaned the hose and checked for holes and it not being connected to the back properly. It is clean all the way to the outside. I removed the front bottom cover and found a layer of dryer lint on the bottom inside and walls of the dryer. I have cleaned the screen and we still have lint all over the house. Wife dusts all the time and not happy. Thanks for any help.:mad:

R,

Several checks to make, still,

Are you sure there are no holes or tears in the venting from the exhaust pipe to the wall connection,

And you're sure the venting is tight and secured to the exhaust pipe on the back of the dryer.

You'll need to remove the lower access panel and check and make sure, there are no gaps between the exhaust pipe and the outlet opening on the back side of the blower housing.

And a relatively tight seal on the duct inlet and the front blower housing.

You are sure that your dryer exhaust vent pipe, does lead out to an outside wall and has a vent hood ?

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
rmarch  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 3:05:15 PM(UTC)
rmarch

Yes the only thing I have not done is remove the panel and check the inside which I will do. Thank you for the help.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 5:03:09 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Yes the only thing I have not done is remove the panel and check the inside which I will do. Thank you for the help.

R March,

Drop us a line, when you get finished,

It'll come in handy for others, to refer to in the Repair Forum.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
rmarch  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 10:59:52 AM(UTC)
rmarch

I removed the panel and everything is attached inside. I cleaned the inside of the dryer of all lint. I shortened the vent pipe from the dryer to the wall and made it straight with out bends and will run it for a while and see if this solves the problem.
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 1:09:11 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I removed the panel and everything is attached inside. I cleaned the inside of the dryer of all lint. I shortened the vent pipe from the dryer to the wall and made it straight with out bends and will run it for a while and see if this solves the problem.

Thanks, for the update,

We'll keep an eye out for your future post.

Thanks again,
JPNAZ  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 5:05:17 PM(UTC)
JPNAZ

Groups ready for retrieval: Registered

I am having the same problem with my Whirlpool Duet Dryer. Did you ever find the problem? One problem i did find was the rigid piece of duct inside the dryer. The connection was leaking all the way around at the blower box elbow connection. They do not use any kind of seal. They just insert them inside each other and i could see a gap all the way around it with light coming through. Another problem is the felt around the drum I can see light on the front and back felt seals. Is this normal? I dont think lint would escape, but rather draw in air.
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:27:53 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: JPNAZ Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem with my Whirlpool Duet Dryer. Did you ever find the problem? One problem i did find was the rigid piece of duct inside the dryer. The connection was leaking all the way around at the blower box elbow connection. They do not use any kind of seal. They just insert them inside each other and i could see a gap all the way around it with light coming through. Another problem is the felt around the drum I can see light on the front and back felt seals. Is this normal? I dont think lint would escape, but rather draw in air.

JPNAZ,

A loose exhaust duct is becoming less common, than it was in the past. If you look close at the end of the exhaust pipe, you'll probably find the end has been, dinged, twisted or bent, and knocked loose from the dryer being placed on the dolley, it was a very common issue.

The felt drum seals are not an air tight seal, but do control the air infiltration, into the drum rather well, as long as the seal is not torn damaged or missing.

Good Luck and Thanks,
JPNAZ  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:58:02 AM(UTC)
JPNAZ

Groups ready for retrieval: Registered

I hope I have found the problem. Only time will tell. I have a house full of dust and lint. I have been trying to figure this out for some time now. Im not sure if caused by dryer or blown in insulation. Fibers look more like lint then insulation. I am just surprised that whirlpool just inserts the two pieces of duct together without any kind of seal I will keep you posted.
Thank you for your response Joe
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:52:21 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: JPNAZ Go to Quoted Post
I hope I have found the problem. Only time will tell. I have a house full of dust and lint. I have been trying to figure this out for some time now. Im not sure if caused by dryer or blown in insulation. Fibers look more like lint then insulation. I am just surprised that whirlpool just inserts the two pieces of duct together without any kind of seal I will keep you posted.
Thank you for your response Joe

JPNAZ,
Most manufacturers, use the same technique, But it's nothing a little aluminum duct tape or time won't solve, Usually lint will eventually fill in any leaks between the pipe and blower housing.

I'm sure you have, but make sure there are no rips tears or holes in your vent tube as well.

:) :) :) l
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply