Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ts_peach  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 10:40:07 AM(UTC)
ts_peach

Groups: Registered

over the past few months it has seemed like the dryer was taking longer and longer to dry. i have had to set it on "Heavy Duty" run a cyle and then usually switch it to 20 min timed cycle on high high to get it all dry. 2 days ago i noticed it was really not drying. it took at least two cycles to dry a small load (and then it was still slightly damp). today after two cycles still very damp even after removing half the load.

it is heating up (but doesn't appear to get very hot) and will complete a drying cyle and a timed cycle. i've read that restricted airflow can cause problems so i've done a few things to check that out. i've taken the lint panel off and removed a few handfuls of lint. it has about a 10 foot run to the outside vent and it i can feel air exhausting if i go outside while it's running (suggestion from the owners manual). we've only been in this house 1 year and haven't cleaned out the exhaust line so that probably needs to be cleaned out but looking visually it doesn't appear to built up along the edges.

is there another place under the dryer that i should check for lint buildup? how do i access that? i took the front panel off a few months ago to try and figure out how to remove the lint but was stumped as everything looked closed up (i know now how to at least remove the lint panel from the inside to clean it out better) i can stick my hand down as far as it goes and encouter fan blades so not sure how much more to try and clean that out.

what other things should i troubleshoot? i am hoping it something i can do myself to avoid a costly service call as extended warranty expired. after reading a few other threads i'm wondering if it's maybe gas coils going out (but that is not based much more than problem sounds kind of simillar).

any help or suggestion is appreaciated.

thanks,
Anne-Marie
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.