Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TomKattt  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 9, 2011 9:01:54 PM(UTC)
TomKattt

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Neptune gas dryer. It recently had the ignitor replaced. Now, it's not getting very hot and isn't drying effectively.

I pulled off the front of the cabinet and cleaned up dust/lint, made sure the vent is cleared out and I'm getting very good air flow. I also made sure the vents in the back panel are clean in case some are plugged and the burner is starving for air.

The ignitor works. It glows orange, the burner lights, the ignitor turns off, and the burner stays lit for some period of time, at least several minutes. I have not timed it, but it seems to cut off after five or ten minutes. It cycles back on a few minutes afterwards. This is with the control set to the hottest position.

I don't know if the flame sensor could be causing this. I kind of suspect if the flame sensor is bad, the gas won't go on at all, or the ignitor would never go out, or the flames would cut out more quickly, like within seconds. But I don't really know.

I also wonder if maybe the problem is the thermostat, but I don't know.

The clothes get warm but not as hot as they should, and drying time is increased too much. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.