Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jburski  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 12:31:40 PM(UTC)
jburski

Groups: Registered

I'm looking for a set of instructions that will help me replace the drum bearing. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

splinterexpert  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 2:57:59 PM(UTC)
splinterexpert

as I recall, the front comes off, the top flips up, and you roll the belt off the idler. the drum should lift up and out and will not cooperate... i will usually take out the three screws in the back of the drum that attach it to the ball if the drum will not come out. attach the new ball to the drum- easier with two people, or line it up and tape it until you get the screws in. if you pull the screws out of the plastic socket, there is a piece that falls off the back of the dryer and you spend some time crawling around trying to find it- might want to tape it on before removing the screws. install the new plastic piece with its bracket, apply a liberal amount of lithium grease (comes in the kit). now spend 20 minutes trying to get that damn ball back in the socket as you replace the drum. You can also put the ball in first and then try to line up the three holes and put the screws in last... replace the belt and put the cabinet back together- be careful with the front seal/drum slides. dryer lint will help staunch any bleeding lacerations you receive.
jburski  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 7:23:42 PM(UTC)
jburski

Thanks for the instructions!

I had replaced the belt about a year ago, so I was aware of the possibility of "julienne fingers". I enlisted some assistance when replacing the shaft and nylon bearing assembly. I used a pair of leather chopper mitts to protect my fingers when removing and replacing the drum to protect my knuckles. And, believe it or not, the ball went right back in the socket on the first shot - no fuss, no muss.

Once again, thanks for the instructions!
splinterexpert  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 5, 2011 6:08:57 AM(UTC)
splinterexpert

Sweet! You are welcome! next, try it on a stacked Frigidaire unit, and be short like me. better than Disneyland!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply