Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rhemshot  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:33:26 AM(UTC)
rhemshot

Groups: Registered

I have an electric front load Kenmore dryer model 4178405200, serial number XD52505812 that is 5 years old. Clothes are not drying completely and the lights on the front panel above the Pause/Cancel (Drying, Cool Down Wrinkle Rid, and Clean Lint Filter) and Start button will flash and beep 9 times. I would dry a load and pull the machine away from the wall and look through a small hole on the back panel to see that the heating element is working.[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
[/FONT]
I noticed by touching the electrical plug-in portion and slightly moving it clock or counter clock wise the dryer would cause it to stop. I turned off the breaker and unscrewed the 4 screws to the electrical socket to see if the four wires were loose and it is not loose. After putting the screws in the wall mount electrical plate I dried a new load and the machine performed correctly. I then dried a new load and moved the electrical plug-in and the dryer stopped. Could a wire be touching another or is the black socket bad. The wires going into the socket have their plastic coating on them except for the ground wire that is tightly screwed into the bracket. After the dryer stopped I just pressed the start button again and the dryer is heating as normal. Would you recommend replacing the electrical socket or something else? [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.