Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rob_O  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:20:51 AM(UTC)
Rob_O

Groups: Registered

I purchased a Kenmore Elite Dryer at Christmas and am attempting the installation of the dryer. The dryers exhaust comes out of the lower center of the back and my house support a dryer that exhaust from the bottom. I know how to make the modifications to the dryer, I just can not get the dryer apart to get the needed parts inside. I had this same issue when I moved into the house but my old dryer had a screw line around the bottom and was some what simple. I studied the Kenmore last night and without doing severe damage to the new dryer I am unable to determined how to get into the lower housing area. The book that came with the dryer shows how to make the modifications but fails to show how to get inside of the unit in order to install the 90-degree elbow needed to either exhaust out the side or bottom. All help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Rob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 5:23:41 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
A model number may help others help you
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Rob_O  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 5:36:21 AM(UTC)
Rob_O

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
A model number may help others help you

The Model Number is (796) 69272000
Rob_O  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 6:57:06 AM(UTC)
Rob_O

I have the answer now and thought I would share what a tech shared with me, maybe it will help someone else.

TECH: ok well to get in this dryer you need to hinge the top panel up and backwards first, then you can access the screws coming from the inside holding on the front panel. Remove those screws then the front panelw ill pull off so that you can access the vent. There is a trick to access, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel. If both clips are pushed back, the top panel will unclip and hinge up and backwards

ROB_O: I have had the top lid open already, I am good there. However the screws that hold the front on are across the top? The reason I ask, is, I have had the top open and I have limited access to anything from about 8" or so from the top. I did notice that they had tape (original shipping packing) holding the front and I was wondering does the front panel open like the top?

TECH: no there are no spring clips holding the front panel. You will need to pen the door and remove all the screws around the doorway however. And if there are screws coming in from the inside of the dryer they would be across the top or just below the right and left side.

ROB_O: Thank you that worked just fine, I am in there, Thanks again!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply