Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jmb322  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 4:55:57 PM(UTC)
jmb322

Groups: Registered

Our dryer has two options for drying cycles. One (the right half of the timer knob) is a timed "Medium Heat," and the other (left half of the timer knob) has three indicators: less dry, optimum dry, more dry.

While set on the Medium Heat side of the knob, everything counts down normally and shuts off normally. But when using the left half of the knob where it has less, optimum, and more dry as settings, the timer never moves and the dryer never stops running.

I thought it was the timer, but I just replaced it - purchased from you for about $126 and change. No joy. So now, I'm wondering if the timing knob only advances based on a reading from one of the multiple thermostats in the dryer. If so, which one? Hopefully easy to get to and not so expensive as some of them are...

Any guidance you can give would be helpful. Is there a way I can do a simple continuity check on a suspect part or something like that, to identify the problem? Or is it (hopefully) obvious to you what the problem is?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.