Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Benp  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 4:05:36 AM(UTC)
Benp

Groups: Registered

Okay...I have tested a number of items and it appears the issue is the thremal fuse. The problem is the location of this item, it is located directly below the heating element and appears to be attached to the bracket.

How can I remove this fuse...and replace? Is this fuse purposely placed in the most difficult area? Everything else seemed somewhat easy to access.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 5:24:11 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

What you have to do is unplug the dryer, and I am assuming you know where the fuse is by what you are saying. So, the first thing you do is you take the 1/4 inch screw holding the bracket with the thermostat in place out, and set it aside. Then take the 2 wires off of the heating element, and there is a 1/4 inch screw holding the element in place. Take it out, and then remove the element. There are two clips holding down the wires to frame, pop them off. Now what you do is get your screw driver, and pop of the little frame, that holds the thermal fuse in place. Now when you put it back, I normally, put the thermal fuse in its place, and bend of the remaining metal, to attach it to the frame it sits on, and I crimp it in place with a pair wire cutters. If you want to do it the way it can off normally, then that is fine. Anyway, that is how you get to it. Oh by the way, you need to take the front off the dryer, because, usually the reason that the thermal fuse blows is because the vent up front is clogged. So, take the front off, and on the bottom, you will see a ton of lint, on the blower housing. The part # you need is a LA-1053. It comes with the thermostat, that sit on top of the element you took off. Oh, that long 1/4 inch screw that holds in the element slips into the bracket, with the thermal fuse on it. So one habd screws in the screw, while the other habd holds the bracket with the thermal fuse in place. Good Luck Tom www.applianceeducator.com/parts.htm
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply