Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
linobg  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:26:13 PM(UTC)
linobg

Groups: Registered

I have a coin operated GE Commercial Dryer Model# DCCD330ED2WC. It heats and drys the clothes well but it does not turn off. Pushing the start button will start the dryer without needing to put quarters into the machine. The timer sets for 45 minutes but when it gets to 1 minute it just continues to run forever until you open the door or unplug it. Unpluging it is the only way to reset the timer back to 45 minutes.
Does anyone know what parts need to be replaced so that the dryer will turn off and will only work if the quarters are put in?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

venicebeachvillas  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:37:58 AM(UTC)
venicebeachvillas

Can anyone help?
Johnrun2  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 2:21:01 PM(UTC)
Johnrun2

I have the same issue. Has anyone found an answer to this? thx
sonny67  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 1, 2012 5:13:48 AM(UTC)
sonny67

I have a Maytag MED9700SQ0 and it was working fine untill I started it last night. When I hit the start button I herd what sounded like a lot of change falling through the machine and than it stopped and lost all power. It blew a breaker. I reset the breaker and tried to start the dryer and it started and now it wont stop. It will cycle through whatever cycle you set but when the cycle completes it just keeps spinning without any heat. All the lights go off just like as if it completes the cycle but it just keeps going and going untill you open the door and as soon as you close the door it starts spinning again.

I'm probably wasting my energy here cause it looks like several people have asked this same or simalar question and haven't got any response or answers yet. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
kennethbranscum57  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 1:08:04 PM(UTC)
kennethbranscum57

I have a coin operated GE Commercial Dryer Model# DCCD330ED2WC. It heats and drys the clothes well but it does not turn off. Pushing the start button will start the dryer without needing to put quarters into the machine. The timer sets for 45 minutes but when it gets to 1 minute it just continues to run forever until you open the door or unplug it. Unpluging it is the only way to reset the timer back to 45 minutes.
Does anyone know what parts need to be replaced so that the dryer will turn off and will only work if the
tycun911  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 5:30:28 AM(UTC)
tycun911

Originally Posted by: linobg Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know what parts need to be replaced so that the dryer will turn off and will only work if the quarters are put in?

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, IF YOU OPEN THE SIDE OF THE COIN MECH BOX YOU WILL SEE A PLASTIC SPROCKET WITH A COUPLE OF SMALL HOLES - IT SHOULD BE CONNECTED TO THE TIMER MEANING THAT IT SHOULD BE ON AN AXLE AND TURNING ANOTHER SPROCKET. THAT PEICE MAY NEED TO BE REPLACED OR SIMPLY ADJUSTED. WHEN I OPENED MY BOX, THE PEICE WAS DISLODGED, SO I PUSHED IT BACK INTO PLACE AND TURNED IT TO RESET THE TIMER.

THAT DID IT :)
thorning  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 6:52:45 AM(UTC)
thorning

Originally Posted by: tycun911 Go to Quoted Post

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM, IF YOU OPEN THE SIDE OF THE COIN MECH BOX YOU WILL SEE A PLASTIC SPROCKET WITH A COUPLE OF SMALL HOLES - IT SHOULD BE CONNECTED TO THE TIMER MEANING THAT IT SHOULD BE ON AN AXLE AND TURNING ANOTHER SPROCKET. THAT PEICE MAY NEED TO BE REPLACED OR SIMPLY ADJUSTED. WHEN I OPENED MY BOX, THE PEICE WAS DISLODGED, SO I PUSHED IT BACK INTO PLACE AND TURNED IT TO RESET THE TIMER.

THAT DID IT :)

I have a SpeedQueen electric dryer with the same type of problem. Everything is in place and does not seem worn. Any other suggestions ?
thorning  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 9:27:30 AM(UTC)
thorning

It appears that the ratchet wheel is worn slightly and is also looser laterally on the shaft than it should be. Also the cam arm in contact with the ratchet toothed wheel that actually moves to press the switch(s) is slightly worn. I shimmed the ratchet wheel to be tighter and am going to replace the cam arm. Will advise how this works out on this old design mechanical timer.
The new part arrived and I put it in place . The circlip holding the arms on the shaft is small and care must be used to get it off lest it fly off to never be seen again. After installing this new plastic arm the timer was reset to the right positions as regards the toothed wheels. I started the machine up and let it run thru a couple of timer cycles and it shut off after 46 minutes. This old arm is not worn much but it doesnt take much to cause the timer to malfunction. Hopefully it will work for another several years .
thorning  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2014 2:55:23 AM(UTC)
thorning

New part installed with successful results
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply