Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CJRLMPLS  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2007 11:31:46 AM(UTC)
CJRLMPLS

Groups: Registered

This drier stopped working for the second time - I had replaced the non-resettable thermal fuse about 4 years ago and all had been well.

Two days ago the same thing happened - except this time. after it stopped, my wife checked a couple of things then walked away from it. About 30 mins later, she smelt 'hot metal', checked it and discovered it was extremely hot. To cut a long story short, I unplugged it, went and got a new thermal link, replaced it then plugged it back in. The heater IMMEDIATELY came on - the door was open and the motor was not running. I pressed the start button - the motor started and the drier appeared to work.

Apparently the interlock that prevents the heater from being powered when the motor/fan is not running is dead.

Where is that interlock? Is it part of the motor switch? Is it an airflow detector vane in the fan path? The diagram I have is not specific. Wahat do I need to buy?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 1:08:05 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Your motor switch shorted and they do not sell the switch, you have to buy the whole motor. That part # is AP3094245
CJRLMPLS  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2007 5:12:35 PM(UTC)
CJRLMPLS

Groups: Registered

Thanks! I'd kind of figured that out - went to Sears this lunchtime - found the motor with the pluggable switch securely attached. Why? The motor still works - ah well!

I'm now deciding whether I want to invest the $110 or so in the motor plus the aggravation of installing it - or just give up and get a gas dryer!

Thanks for the help, tho'
richappy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 12:47:58 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I share your disgust; I pull the switches off these when I junk them, have a few lying around; would never sell one, but would use one in a repair!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply