Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pennysqueezer  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 8, 2010 9:06:24 PM(UTC)
pennysqueezer

Groups: Registered

Hi-
Our dryer quit heating today. No heat, but the drum spins fine.

After reading many threads here, we started troubleshooting. I tested the outlet and verified we have 240v there. Then we opened up the dryer and verified 240v on that side, then moved on to test resistances. We have a terrible multimeter, but we validated that we have a low resistance on the heating coil, which we believe to be good (the number kept jumping around from 10-80 on our $3 multimeter). We also measured the thermal limiter we found back there, which was at about 0 (0.5).

I read in some posts to check fuses, but I can't figure out where fuses are for our dryer... looking at the parts manual I don't see a single part with the word "fuse" in it. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 3:58:45 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here aare your parts
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE GLEQ332AS0 Dryer - Frig Gallery | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the wiring diagram as the diagram included witrh the parts is poor quality.
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/prodinfo_pdf/Webster/134064000e.pdf

[COLOR="Blue"]looking at the parts manual I don't see a single part with the word "fuse" in it.[/COLOR]
They call it a "thermal Limiter". Looks like the unit only has one and it kills power to the motor so it is not your problem.

Thermal Limiter is Item 36 in Section 1
Hi Limit Thermostat is Item 33 in Section 1
Control Thermostat is Item 15 in Section 4
This thermostat has 4 wires to it. 2 are the contacts and 2 are an internal heater. So if you remove the wires make sure to note or mark where they go.

Your heater circuit path is:
L2 , centrifugal switch M2/M1 , HEATER , HIGH LIMIT THERMOSTAT contacts , CONTROL THERMOSTAT contacts , timer contacts A/B , L1
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
pennysqueezer  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 9, 2010 7:07:56 PM(UTC)
pennysqueezer

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the tips. I went back and used an analog multimeter as well as the links you provided and determined that actually all of the thermostats were good. I couldn't get to the heating coil to measure it easily, so I loosened the drum... almost as soon as I pulled it back I noticed the heating coil is broken in one place! I think I've found the problem :) Only question now is whether I'll be able to get it all back together once I get my part!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply