Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LeAnn Swenson  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 8:54:24 AM(UTC)
LeAnn Swenson

Groups: Registered

When washing clothes the washer go through all the cycles just fine but does not fully spin out the load. If I do a less then half a load it seems to work. It spins them out compleletly. When I do a full load the clothes are pretty wet when it is finished. We thought it was the blet, but when we took it to the store where we bought it, they said the belt was fine. ???
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 2:31:14 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: LeAnn Swenson Go to Quoted Post
When washing clothes the washer go through all the cycles just fine but does not fully spin out the load. If I do a less then half a load it seems to work. It spins them out compleletly. When I do a full load the clothes are pretty wet when it is finished. We thought it was the blet, but when we took it to the store where we bought it, they said the belt was fine. ???

After doing this for thirty years, how can someone look at a belt, and say it is OK????? Replace the belt. If you grab the belt, and get black on your hands, it needs to be replaced. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
LeAnn Swenson  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 6, 2010 4:15:48 PM(UTC)
LeAnn Swenson

Groups: Registered

we didn't get black on our hands when we grabbed it at all. They said they looked for wear spots and spots that were narrower like it was spinning and had spun off the rubber, but there wasn't any of that. SO you still think to replace the belt???
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 7, 2010 3:29:59 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: LeAnn Swenson Go to Quoted Post
we didn't get black on our hands when we grabbed it at all. They said they looked for wear spots and spots that were narrower like it was spinning and had spun off the rubber, but there wasn't any of that. SO you still think to replace the belt???

No, I would not replace it then. I do have a question. When the washer goes into the final spin cycle, does it seem to spin at full speed?? If so, you either have a clogged water pump, which is attached to the base, or your water pump needs to be replaced. If this is the case, unplug the washer, and remove the hoses off the pump, and then remove the pump, and see if there is anything in there obstructing the water flow. The other thing I think of is a rear bearing issue. When the washer goes into the final spin cycle, and it sounds like a Canadian Freight Train, then it would be a rear bearing. Let me know what you find. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply