Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lovemi3kids  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:55:41 PM(UTC)
lovemi3kids

Groups: Registered

:confused: Hi I just bought a Maytag Ensignia gas dryer, Got it home hooked it up an it wont heat up! It spins fine, an I reset the power breaker. This is my first dryer I have ever owned so I have no idea what to due. Can you please help me by telling me what parts might be needed & What the part number is to all parts? Model # MDG8757AWW Serial NO. 13746714AX THANKS, Jacki P.S. GENE I need your help with the part numbers & names :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 11:33:09 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Did you hook up the dryer yourself? If yes, how did you do the gas line? Is it open?

Here are the break down diagrams for the Maytag dryer Model MDG8757AWW

Gene.
lovemi3kids  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 2:56:41 PM(UTC)
lovemi3kids

Groups: Registered

No I didn't hook it up myself, The pluming man did. I did check to see if the gas was on & it is. The turning handle, is turnt the same way as the gas line exackly & I was told thats how I can tell if it was on. The dryer is a used one, I was told it worked. It will only tumble but no heat. Can I replace the parts myself if needed? I am willing to replace the parts, Is it easy to do or am I better off paying an appliance guy to come out? I was told it could be the coils, Gas valve, Thermostat, fuse or the Ignitor. I know a gas valve cost alot. I don't have a ohm, volt meter to check for continuity, should I go an get one? Is it hard to test the parts myself? Which parts can I check with a ohm meter? Thanks Jacki
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 11:54:56 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Jacki,

You will need a simple multimeter to check parts for continuity in order to determine which part is bad and fix the dryer. You can read how to do the continuity test in one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...continuity-ohmmeter.html

This gob is not too difficult to do it yourself if you know how to use simple hand tools.

The parts you have to check are: igniter (#4 on the break down diagram), radiant sensor (#18 on the break down diagram), gas valve coils (#7 & #8 on the break down diagram), hi-limit thermostat (#17 on the break down diagram), thermal fuse (#10 on the break down diagram) and cycling thermostat (#8 on the break down diagram).

You can find the complete disassembly instructions in the Service manual.

Here are the break down diagrams for the Maytag dryer Model MDG8757AWW

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply