Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
coxc6419  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 7:12:40 PM(UTC)
coxc6419

Groups: Registered

Our electric Whirlpool Dryer will not start. The Model is LER6634DQO Used a multimeter and it has power to it. Door is shut all the way and push the button does not start. Any ideas on what could be wrong with it? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 4:02:59 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: coxc6419 Go to Quoted Post
Our electric Whirlpool Dryer will not start. The Model is LER6634DQO Used a multimeter and it has power to it. Door is shut all the way and push the button does not start. Any ideas on what could be wrong with it? Thanks.

Take the back off thye dryer, and there will be a white thin part, about and inch and a half long, by a half inch wide. It is the thermal fuse. That will be your problem. Jump it out to check it. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
coxc6419  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 6:27:30 PM(UTC)
coxc6419

Groups: Registered

I jumped it and checked the meter and it checks out okay. Anything else it could be? Thanks so much for you advice and help too.

Chris
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 6:29:49 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Originally Posted by: coxc6419 Go to Quoted Post
I jumped it and checked the meter and it checks out okay. Anything else it could be? Thanks so much for you advice and help too.

Chris

Chris, three things. Of course be sure you have power. Then the next thing I would do is, check the push to start switch. Chris, I would jump it out. If you have a 2 wire push to start switch. Unplug the dryer, and take the 2 wires off, and put the terminal ends together of the 2 wires you took off, and put some tape around them, so they don't hit metal, and then plug the dryer in, and see if it works. The other thing is the door switch. It is the other thing to check. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
kayakcrzy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 6:33:16 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Originally Posted by: kayakcrzy Go to Quoted Post
Chris, three things. Of course be sure you have power. Then the next thing I would do is, check the push to start switch. Chris, I would jump it out. If you have a 2 wire push to start switch. Unplug the dryer, and take the 2 wires off, and put the terminal ends together of the 2 wires you took off, and put some tape around them, so they don't hit metal, and then plug the dryer in, and see if it works. The other thing is the door switch. It is the other thing to check. Tom ApplianceEducator.com

On that door switch. Sometimes the metal are brakes where the door is supposed to hit it, when the door is closed. The way to check it is to unplug the door switch harness, and there will be three pins inside the molex plug it. Put your meter on ohms , and put 1 lead on the left pin, the other on the right pin, leaving the middle one alone, and hit the door switch, and if it is good, you will get an ohm reading. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply