Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Johnny54  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 5:38:43 PM(UTC)
Johnny54

Groups: Registered

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Drum is rotating I can see the flame underneath the dryer. After 2 hours of dry time (small load) the timer has not advance. Any ideas and/or can someone guide to an old post on this forum. Thanks.:eek: [/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 3:42:50 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: Johnny54 Go to Quoted Post
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Drum is rotating I can see the flame underneath the dryer. After 2 hours of dry time (small load) the timer has not advance. Any ideas and/or can someone guide to an old post on this forum. Thanks.:eek: [/FONT]

First thing is to be sure that the dryer vents to the outside of the house are clear. The air should be coming out pretty good. If so, I would replace the coils on the gas valve. That is usually the likely culprit. You could ohm them out, but they still could be bad. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
Johnny54  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 10:25:25 PM(UTC)
Johnny54

Groups: Registered

I tried the cheaper fix first cleaned the vent from the dryer to the outside vent and walla we’re back to a complete drying cycle, two thumbs up. Need to replace the lint trap has a nice big rip in it. Now that you solved this problem I just finished gutting the kitchen think you can help me with the plumbing nightmare I just ran in to, just kidding. Great forum thanks much.
John
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 3:12:15 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: Johnny54 Go to Quoted Post
I tried the cheaper fix first cleaned the vent from the dryer to the outside vent and walla we’re back to a complete drying cycle, two thumbs up. Need to replace the lint trap has a nice big rip in it. Now that you solved this problem I just finished gutting the kitchen think you can help me with the plumbing nightmare I just ran in to, just kidding. Great forum thanks much.
John

Go Job!!! Glad to help!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!! Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply