Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
macmom28  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 21, 2010 4:02:42 PM(UTC)
macmom28

Groups: Registered

My Maytag Dependable Care Plus dryer (model LDE5914ACE) started making a loud, high-pitched squeaking noise all of a sudden. I noticed it this evening-this is the very first time it has happened.

After turning it on, it has the high-pitched squeak for about five minutes and then it stops. If I open the door and stop the dryer, then close the door and start it again, it does the same thing over again (squeaks for five minutes or so and then stops).
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 4:01:23 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: macmom28 Go to Quoted Post
My Maytag Dependable Care Plus dryer (model LDE5914ACE) started making a loud, high-pitched squeaking noise all of a sudden. I noticed it this evening-this is the very first time it has happened.

After turning it on, it has the high-pitched squeak for about five minutes and then it stops. If I open the door and stop the dryer, then close the door and start it again, it does the same thing over again (squeaks for five minutes or so and then stops).

It is most likely the drum rollers. That is what I always find. There are 2 of them. Part # 12001541. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
macmom28  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 7:26:50 AM(UTC)
macmom28

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the information! Are they difficult to replace? (Husband is fairly handy.)
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 8:26:40 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: macmom28 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the information! Are they difficult to replace? (Husband is fairly handy.)

Actually, I have a way I do it, where you dont have to take the belt off, or the drum. He takes the front off, and then he takes the front blower housing off, which has 4 screws holding it on. 2 on the right side front, and 2 on the left side front. Then he removes the blower housing. Then just pull the dryer drum off the rear rollers, and it will kind of sit down, and then he can get to the rollers. He will need a snap ring plyers to take the rollers off. Once done, lift the drum back on the rollers, and put the blower housing back on, and then the front, and instant quiet dryer. Tom Appliance Educator, Appliance Parts, Washer and Dryer Parts, Refridgerator and Freezer Parts, Stove and Oven Parts
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply