Discuss

Frigidare Affinity Dryer E68 error code

in

Dryer Repair

. "

These comments on checking the thermostats are very true check your tech sheet and follow the circuit path it should

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » Frigidare Affinity Dryer E68 error code

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 06:55 PM

HumboldtRepairMan is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

These comments on checking the thermostats are very true check your tech sheet and follow the circuit path it should be behind the front panel underneath the top taped to something. I had a Fridgedaire this week that had the thermal limiter on the burn tube and exhaust tube that was in line with the door switch and the dryer was giving a door open error code...Found it to be the thermal limiter on burn tube.

Last edited by HumboldtRepairMan : 07-18-2013 at 06:57 PM.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 07-19-2013, 06:08 AM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtRepairMan View Post
These comments on checking the thermostats are very true check your tech sheet and follow the circuit path it should be behind the front panel underneath the top taped to something. I had a Fridgedaire this week that had the thermal limiter on the burn tube and exhaust tube that was in line with the door switch and the dryer was giving a door open error code...Found it to be the thermal limiter on burn tube.
Humboldt. Thanks for the additional input. We're working on a dryer too but, probably not the same model. But you bring up a good point. Diagnostics and error codes are more of a "suggestion" than a "direction". When you have an error code, don't assume you have an issue in the control, you need to check the circuit components indicated by the code, before you do or replace anything.

Thanks,

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.

Last edited by Joe / APP Team : 07-19-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:22 AM

jdubin is on a distinguished road

Folks, I was having the E68 error and replaced the thermistor in hopes that was the problem (resistance tested just slightly high), but immediately after replacing it, I was still receiving the E68 error. I was able to track down a thread in another forum which advised adding a resistor to the control board. I did the fix, and no error at all for 3+ weeks. Instead of hundreds on a new control board, I used about $1 in parts (if that) from my junk box and about 20m to do the fix. Even if you don't have the equipment, it might be worth bringing the control board and a printout of the repair instructions to a repair shop and have them pop on a resistor.

https://getsatisfaction.com/frigidai...aire_dryer_e68

Good luck!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Senior Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubin View Post
Folks, I was having the E68 error and replaced the thermistor in hopes that was the problem (resistance tested just slightly high), but immediately after replacing it, I was still receiving the E68 error. I was able to track down a thread in another forum which advised adding a resistor to the control board. I did the fix, and no error at all for 3+ weeks. Instead of hundreds on a new control board, I used about $1 in parts (if that) from my junk box and about 20m to do the fix. Even if you don't have the equipment, it might be worth bringing the control board and a printout of the repair instructions to a repair shop and have them pop on a resistor.

https://getsatisfaction.com/frigidai...aire_dryer_e68

Good luck!
Jdubin,

Thanks for the input, that post has been seen and mentioned several times in the past. Yours is the first response and with positive results as well. Thanks Again

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Senior Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe / APP Team View Post
Jdubin,

Thanks for the input, that post has been seen and mentioned several times in the past. Yours is the first response and with positive results as well. Thanks Again
To dennisn, We were unable to retrieve your post you submitted earlier.
Could you please repost your comment or request so we can assist you.
Thanks !!

Joe M. APP TEAM

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.