Discuss

Admiral Gas Dryer

in

Dryer Repair

. "

Once the dryer starts, there is a sound that is quiet at first, but after about 20mins of running, the

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » Admiral Gas Dryer

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 08:18 PM

seoulgrl is on a distinguished road
Default Admiral Gas Dryer
Brand: Admiral   Age: Less than 1 year   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Once the dryer starts, there is a sound that is quiet at first, but after about 20mins of running, the sound gets louder and louder like there is something rattleing or loose on the inside. Not the drum, but inside the actual dryer itself. I checked inside to see if something was stuck on the inside or something loose on the outside. I think it is internal, which I have had this dryer less than 2 months and it was find until 3 days ago. It still works fine and dries the clothes, but I don't want to end up with a lemon. The noise makes me feel uneasy. What do I do? It was a clearance item, but is one-year free parts and labor for one year. Who would I contact?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 11-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

SublimeMasterJW is on a distinguished road
Default check the blower wheel.

In these dryers the blower wheel is made of plastic. The blower wheel will get loose and make the kinds of noise you are describing. Usually it taes longer for the clothes to dry when that wheel is worn out, plus it will rattle and cause a ball of lint to build up in front of it.
53-0106.jpg
Old 11-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

SublimeMasterJW is on a distinguished road
Default To access and inspect ths dryer...

Use a putty knife to release the spring clips which hold the top down. top removal.jpgThen you will be able to remove the screws holdin the front panel on and inspect that blower area.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:07 PM

pilato1 is on a distinguished road

hi i have the same problem,,i pulled the drum out and it seems to be coming from the motor bearing,,is it a hard task to remove the motor and have the bearing changed,,,,,
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.