Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tmiller  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:06:49 PM(UTC)
Tmiller

Groups: Registered

When I hit the start button on dryer, the dryer makes a groaning noise as it starts. I replaced the back two rollers/shafts, belt tension bar and roller and installed a new belt also. I did not replace the two blue nylon pads that the front of the drum rests on. (Going to order those) The parts website calls them front bearings, but they are rivoted nylon pads with cork under them. What else could be causing the drum to turn hard on start up. Motor works fine that I can tell. Belt is tight. The only thing I do notice is the drum is harder to turn by hand than before I had problems. I thought replacing these parts would fix the groaning issue. Any help would be great. Thank-You.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 8:46:31 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tmiller Go to Quoted Post
When I hit the start button on dryer, the dryer makes a groaning noise as it starts. I replaced the back two rollers/shafts, belt tension bar and roller and installed a new belt also. I did not replace the two blue nylon pads that the front of the drum rests on. (Going to order those) The parts website calls them front bearings, but they are rivoted nylon pads with cork under them. What else could be causing the drum to turn hard on start up. Motor works fine that I can tell. Belt is tight. The only thing I do notice is the drum is harder to turn by hand than before I had problems. I thought replacing these parts would fix the groaning issue. Any help would be great. Thank-You.

TM,

You're sure you have the new belt routed correctly on the motor and idler pulley ?

You're sure the noise is not from the motor itself ?

Did you check the felt tumbler seals for something stuck in the seal or bulkheads, causing friction on the tumbler ?

Remove the blower wheel and check to see if there are any scratches on the blower housing interior, and on the inside of the blower cover, and that the blower, itself, is as far forward on the shaft as possible and fits tight on the shaft.

I think, you'll find the problem in one of these areas, unless you have a low voltage situation, it does't sound like it at this point.

Good Luck,
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Tmiller  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 10:25:58 AM(UTC)
Tmiller

Groups: Registered

I ordered new motor in the hope that will be my fix. Do you have a picture of how the belt and pulley are routed. It looks right as the tension bar is tightening the belt. Felt pads are new as I replaced them as well. Thanks for the help.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 12:03:02 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tmiller Go to Quoted Post
I ordered new motor in the hope that will be my fix. Do you have a picture of how the belt and pulley are routed. It looks right as the tension bar is tightening the belt. Felt pads are new as I replaced them as well. Thanks for the help.

TM,

I take for granted that you also checked the blower housing and wheel, per my previous post ?

As long as the belt tension is tight and the tumbler rotates in a clockwise direction, you're OK.

But, going from left to right(from the font) the belt comes off the tumbler and over the top of the idler pulley,and around, from the bottom of the idler pulley, it then runs over the top of the motor pulley,and around, from the bottom of the motor pulley it runs across and up the right side and across the top of the tumbler.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply