Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SGS66  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 3:10:07 PM(UTC)
SGS66

Groups: Registered

My dryer won't start. I have cleared all the lint from every area in the dryer. I have replaced the thermal fuse, thermostat next to the fuse. I have also replaced the hi and low thermostats on the heating element housing. The dryer will not start. Prior to replacing the listed parts I have performed continuity tests on the door switch, start switch and all of the thermostats and the fuses. The dyer light turns on and the "on" switch loads when energized. Any suggestions for next steps would be greatly appreciated. I thought of the timer (I had mixed readings during testing) and also ensuring that I have two phases (220) feeding the dryer.

thanks,

Snoz
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 1:26:45 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are the parts
Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GEQ9800PW1 27" Electric Dryer | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the wiring diagram
http://repair2000.com/images/wiring_sheet_geq9800lw0.pdf

[COLOR="Blue"]My dryer won't start. I have cleared all the lint from every area in the dryer. I have replaced the thermal fuse, thermostat next to the fuse. I have also replaced the hi and low thermostats on the heating element housing. The dryer will not start.[/COLOR]
The only one that will effect starting is the thermal fuse on the blower (Item 59 in Section 3)
[COLOR="Blue"]
Prior to replacing the listed parts I have performed continuity tests on the door switch, start switch and all of the thermostats and the fuses. The dyer light turns on and the "on" switch loads when energized.[/COLOR]
By " the on switch loads" I am assuming you mean that the start relay does energize and stays energized after the button is released.
I noticed you did not include the belt switch (Item 5 in Section 2). Looks like this comes as a kit so it may be a problem part.

[COLOR="Blue"] Any suggestions for next steps would be greatly appreciated. I thought of the timer (I had mixed readings during testing) and also ensuring that I have two phases (220) feeding the dryer.[/COLOR]
Unplug the unit.
Set the timer to mid cycle timed dry, wrinkle guard off.
Then check the BK/BU and T/W timer contacts.
Both should be 0 ohms.
Be sure that you remove the wires from one side of the contacts you are checking. This ensures that you do not read an alternate/parallel circuit path.
If both are OK
Measure from the blue wire at the Start relay (the ione that goes to the thermal fuse) and connector W on the timer. This should be 1 to 2 ohms (the motor windings).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply