Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
95Fatboy  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 10:04:02 AM(UTC)
95Fatboy

Groups: Registered

I have been trying to troubleshoot my dryer for a few days now. First, there was no heat. Checked the fuses and the High Limit fuse was bad. Replaced it, and now everything works great except it seems to get way too hot. I cleaned everything and still no change. Does anyone have the procedure for testing the thermostat? I checked for continuity, and it was fine between the red and yellow lead, but nothing between the blue and white. I also tested the element for grounding (good there), and the ohm reading is 11.6 ohms, which I think is about right, and the other two fuses ring out ok. Any help with this would be great!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:02:30 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

On the cycling thermostat, the smaller terminals correspond to an internal heater element (rated at 2 Watts). If you get no continuity across those contacts, replace that thermostat.

When you test for continuity of any component, disconnect at least one of the wires from that component, so that there's no chance of a false reading from the system the component is attached to.
Part number: AP4039476
95Fatboy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:42:45 AM(UTC)
95Fatboy

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
On the cycling thermostat, the smaller terminals correspond to an internal heater element (rated at 2 Watts). If you get no continuity across those contacts, replace that thermostat.

When you test for continuity of any component, disconnect at least one of the wires from that component, so that there's no chance of a false reading from the system the component is attached to.
Part number: AP4039476

Great, Thanks for the quick response! I re-verfied my checks, and I show open across the 2 Watt element. Looks like I am off to order the part!

Thanks again.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply