Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JADH  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:31:23 AM(UTC)
JADH

Groups: Registered

Thanks to your forum, I believe I have diagnosed the E1 error code on my Whirlpool Gold Senseon electric dryer: replace Thermistor. However, all of the posts that had hot-links to tech sheets and breakdown diagrams have expired. Could you please provide these and any other diagrams/instructions to help with replacing this part? Thank you!:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 5:59:52 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Whirlpool has removed open access to their service manuals. Call and strongly complain, you paid for the machine you should have access on how to fix it.

Here is the part, it is should be accessible after you remove the back.

Part number: AP3919451
JADH  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 6:01:36 AM(UTC)
JADH

Groups: Registered

Got the thermistor replaced and dryer was working for about 6 weeks. Then, on my third load one day, it just stopped heating. I did not get the E1 error code this time, however. Checked the thermistor and it was reading "0" or "open". Called Appliance Parts Pros and they sent out a replacement part. Received it yesterday and it is also open. Could they both be bad parts or is something else going on? Please help ASAP! My laundry is as tall as me!!!:eek: Thank you!
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 6, 2011 1:16:32 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I don't think your thermistor is the problem. If you can locate the tech sheet (try inside the console) it will give the the readings for the thermistor which depends upon temperature. You need to have your test meter on the right Ohm scale. Using the correct ohm scale on your meter will allow you to get the correct reading. (I made the same mistake recently thinking I had a thermal fuse when I had a thermistor).

The tech sheet should also give you a way to generate diagnostics for the machine. Look to a problem with a thermostat or heating element.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply