Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ftalbert  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 7:41:49 AM(UTC)
ftalbert

Groups: Registered

As a new member, I posted a problem and received a useless response. The advice I got was not to just "throw parts into it" but to "call a pro." I could have got a similar answer through my local yellow pages. Evidentially this site is designed to get business for the pros instead of helping laymen fix the problem themselves. I have included my post and the response. Thanks for nothing.

Dryer moisture sensor/timer quit working
Model Number: GLE/GH1642D S Brand: Frigidaire Age: 1 - 5 years

I have a stackable washer/dryer unit. My timer and automatic dry function quit working at the same time. The dryer still drys properly but will not shut off on the automatic setting. The dial doesn't move. The timer also doesn't move or shut off. It still works fine with either automatic or timer modes it just won't shut off or stop running until you open the door. I first thought it might be the moisture sensor, but I don't think that would effect the timer function. Anyone know what my dryer problem might be? Thanks.

Drags1998 vbmenu_register("postmenu_38665", true);

Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

It could very well be the moisture sensor, The Timer won't move until the Heat cycles OFF during the cycle, This is NOT an easy thing to figure out, Before you start Throwing parts at it, I might be a good idea to have a PRO look at it!!!!

ftalbert vbmenu_register("postmenu_38717", true);

Is there a way to test the moisture sensor to identify or eliminate it as a possible cause?

ftalbert vbmenu_register("postmenu_39082", true);

This was my first post on this site and I was hoping for a better reponse from the "Pros" than I received. I live way out in the country and cannot afford to have a "Pro" come to my home. I am mechanically inclined and I have a multi-meter for testing purposes. If one of you "Pros" could give me a little more direction with my problem I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.