Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DSunga  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2007 9:24:44 PM(UTC)
DSunga

Groups: Registered

Dryer was working until two days ago. It spins but won't heat up. I have no idea where anything is to check the thermostat or the ignitor. We took the back of it off and cleaned out everything for any dust and stuff. Is there a printout to show me where the thermostat and ignitor is so I can make sure I checked the right things. I don't see anything glowing, but don't exactly know where to look for the glow either. I don't have any money to buy a new dryer so I want to see if I can fix it before trying to find a way to get an other one.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2007 1:35:36 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Remove front panel, short out door switch and pull drum out. Turn dryer on and look for the igniter to glow red, If not, you will need a meter to check things.
If it glows, but no flame, you have a bad igniter. Just click on your model# to find the part #
SSUNGA  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2007 9:52:28 AM(UTC)
SSUNGA

Groups: Registered

I couldn't log in under my other name so I'm trying it this way!! My dryer at first wouldn't even heat up. Now it glows, heats up and then dies out. We have took everything apart dusted it out, put it back together and now I have to stop it. Let it cool down then it will start up; heating up for a minute and then die down. One person said it's the coils, another says its the sensor. I need to know what's wrong and what part I need to buy for sure. If not should I just try and find a whole new used dryer for a low price I can afford. We're on a very tight budget and have no extra money right now. I want to fix it if possible. Someone please help me I need a dryer either way...winters coming and I have no room to put a clothes line outside at the place I rent! I click on my model number and cna't find it on your list to see how much a part would cost me.:(
richappy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2007 12:03:44 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You have bad gas valve coils; voltage steady at the main gas connector would confirm this, just click on your model # above and order.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply