Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sec1rlr  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 10:39:44 AM(UTC)
sec1rlr

Groups: Registered

The dryer motor running after 1 or 2 minutes. I replaced the motor, no problem. When done with the motor replacement, I entered the diagnostic mode just to see if there where any errors. What I got was a code 88, normal diagnostic mode code, in the display. However, I got a continous loud beep tone which doesn't seem normal. The diagnostic instructions indicate a single beep tone as a result of individual tests, not by going into the diagnostic mode. Up until the time the motor went out, the dryer did seem to work fine; however, I did notice is was running a long time with the number 13 appearring in the remaining minutes display. Now I'm thinking there is something wrong with the control board which is why the dryer ran longer than I thought it needed and that led to the motor prematurely wearing out. Since working on the dryer, I doublechecked all of the electrical connections and they all seem right. What are your thoughts concerning the continuous loud beep when I enter the diagnostic mode?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.