Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
phhutt  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:47:57 AM(UTC)
phhutt

Groups: Registered

The machine was not in use for 4 months unplugged. When plugged in the readouts starting changing spontaneously and the machine went on and off by itself. I changed the logic board but it still does the same thing. Is my new logic board bad, is the entire control panel bad, or is it someting else. I can occasionally get it into diagnostic moce but it will not scroll or reset.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cheryllfshane55  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 5:08:34 AM(UTC)
cheryllfshane55

That happened to mine.

According to the trouble shooting manual if there lint/dust on the motor the dryer will stop after a short time.

I detached the console and the entire front panel of the dryer. Thread or hair and lint was stuck in the fan and I removed a lint ball the size of my fist from the bottom of the vent channel. I vacuumed the inside of the dryer cabinet completely. I reassembled the front panel and console.

The dryer worked for a longer period but resumed the readouts changing, beeping and turning itself on and off.

Then I ran a diagnostic and found a number "8" fault ("a button has been pressed for longer than 75 seconds") which I cleared. The troubleshooting manual suggests changing the "console with membrane."

I have ordered a "console with membrane" but haven't installed it yet because my dryer has been working properly for 24 hours.
phhutt  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 6:09:18 AM(UTC)
phhutt

Thank you. I finally had to replace the console with membrane as well as the control board. Now it is working properly (after over $300 in parts). I couldn't even get it into the diagnostic mode. It was really shot.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply