Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
4trade  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:57:36 AM(UTC)
4trade

Groups: Registered

hello ... just received WPL 279834 new coils ... old setup has 2 wires from one coil and 4 wires from other coil. new coils just received has 2 prongs on one coil and 3 prongs on other coil. which wire will not be used from old setup? thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 2:35:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Why did you order the coils with this part number?

This is wrong part number according to the model number you posted and they will never work with this dryer.

The coil kit you need has the part number 279137 which is Appliance Parts Pros Part number: AP3094108
Part number: AP3094108

This kit comes with the installation instructions.

Gene.
4trade  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:16:23 PM(UTC)
4trade

i ordered this one because it says "fits all dryers with two-coil gas valve ... Kenmore" on this page;

Part Details - WHIRLPOOL Coil kit for dryer gas valve (2 coils, new style), part number: AP3094251

still wrong one? thanks...
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:47:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

It also says in the part description: "...newer style solenoid coil kit...". Your dryer is probably 15+ years old and it can not be qualified as a newer style. Then per your quote: "...fits all dryers with two-coil gas valve..." while your dryer has three coils.

Definitely the coil kit you ordered is wrong and you have to order the other one with the part number I posted earlier.

In order to avoid such situation the part search should be always done by the model number. In case if the model number of your appliance does not come up, you can use the live chat or post your question on the repair forum.

Gene.
P.S. There is always something new in our live.
4trade  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:04:17 AM(UTC)
4trade

hmmm ... thanks gene ... i took the "newer style" to mean the coil itself was a newer style (not my machine) ... i also mistook "2 coil" for 2 valve ... the dryer has 2 valves, but, one of the valves has two different size coils stacked one on top the other ... so while yes it is 3 coil - 2 of the coils are kind of acting as 1 coil on one of the valves since they are stacked ... the "new style" i thought somehow got rid of the double stack on one of the valves - and was sort of a standard coil (newer style) that would fit all 2 valve configurations ... (as is common in other industries) ;)
4trade  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 4:59:56 PM(UTC)
4trade

received correct part today. works great!!! thanks much. now im goin over to the stove forum and see if i can get that fixed...:D
Gene  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 1:31:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply