Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gabe72  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:15:57 AM(UTC)
Gabe72

Groups: Registered

ok well heres an update, i took all my thermostats and fuse to my local appliance parts store and he checked them all, only one was bad. I bought it and went home and replaced it and it STILL!! didnt heat up. The only thing I didnt get checked was the coils themselves, but i removed it and checked it for breaks and there are no breaks, looks brand new. What else can I check?
Gene  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:25:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Gabe72,

Visual inspection does not work with electrical parts. You have to have a simple multimeter and measure the voltage at the heating element (at least one of the wires must be removed from the heating element). It suppose to be 120VAC between each wire and ground, and 240VAC between both wires.

You also have to check the heating element for continuity across both terminals with at least one wire removed from the terminal. If the reading is &#8734; then the heating element has to be replaced.

You also have to check the heating element for continuity between each terminal and ground. If the reading is 0 then the heating element has to be replaced.

If you need help with the right part numbers, post the complete model number of the dryer.

Gene.
Gene  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:29:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

sho4go,

The first thing I would do is check the exhaust line, the vent outlet and the air ducts inside the dryer for any clog. If you need more help, post the complete model number of the dryer, please.

Gene.
SublimeMasterJW  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 5:33:44 PM(UTC)
SublimeMasterJW

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The timer has a leg marked RH. Remove that wire and check for continuity between there and any other leg of the timer. Move the knob slowly and keep checking for continuity. IF you cannot get a reading then the timer is BAD.
Gabe72  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2008 7:04:24 AM(UTC)
Gabe72

Groups: Registered

Gene, I was able to get the dryer working. I bought a multimeter last night and checked everything. The original cycling thermostat was bad but I replaced that. After checking everything I noticed that I had no 240 readings on the wires going to the dryer from the wall, it was all 120. I checked the breaker and BINGO, one of the double breakers was tripped. I reset it and all was woorking fine. Thanks for all your help and everyone else who gave me input and ideas.
Gene  
#16 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2008 10:40:43 AM(UTC)
Gene

We're glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply