Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cyn2teaseu  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 5:40:53 PM(UTC)
cyn2teaseu

Groups: Registered

I have an electric kenmore dryer that no longer will heat. Everything else is working. I bought the dryer used from an appliance store that rebuilds used ones. I think it might be the heater element but I have no clue where to find it or if I am on the right track...Please help!!! :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2008 8:27:11 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

you will need an ohm meter to test the thermostats and element. Remove the rear panel and look at the wires, where it connects to the thermostats, remove only one set of wires at a time and test each thermostat for continuity. If one of them has not continuity then that's your bad part, if they do remoe the wires from the element and test it the same way.
post your results.
Nat
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 5:27:23 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

You also might want to flip the breaker off and on a few times, to be sure that you don't have a partially tripped breaker. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
edwrecks  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 6:57:27 AM(UTC)
edwrecks

Originally Posted by: cyn2teaseu Go to Quoted Post
I have an electric kenmore dryer that no longer will heat. Everything else is working. I bought the dryer used from an appliance store that rebuilds used ones. I think it might be the heater element but I have no clue where to find it or if I am on the right track...Please help!!! :)

I have the same problem. I have tested the thermal fuse, both thermostats, and the coil, all test positive with full continuity. Initially , I threw the breakers a few times. I get 240Volts at the recepticle. Could the wires to any of the items be bad or attached incorrectly?
libertyappl  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2008 8:36:36 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

It is possible to have a loose wire in the harness. Check all the connections(inside the internal plugs)

Nat
edwrecks  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:13:17 PM(UTC)
edwrecks

Originally Posted by: libertyappl Go to Quoted Post
It is possible to have a loose wire in the harness. Check all the connections(inside the internal plugs)

Nat

Nat,

As you said, "check the wiring connections" and , indeed one of the knife connectors was loose... I closed it up and voila.. the heat returned! Many thanks..sometimes the obvious is too easy. :D
libertyappl  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 6:54:29 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

edwrecks,
Glad you were able to find it, sometimes the simple stuff takes the most time to locate ;)

Nat
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply