Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Cioletti  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 7:53:21 PM(UTC)
Joe Cioletti

Groups: Registered

On my electric dryer, it is becoming more prevalent that when the start button is pressed for the dryer to start, it either turns a little and stops or doesn't turn at all, then a buzzing sound is heard from the console followed in a few seconds by a burning smell. After it cools down, for several minutes or longer, it can be started and turns for the entire timer cycle that is set - drying the clothes. However, when it is turning, it makes some excess loud humming noises ... I just replaced the belt and pulleys and rollers (got the kit and just installed it) ... sometimes, when it is stopped, I turn the drum and try to restart - maybe getting a buzzing again from the console - or, maybe getting some turning of the drum and eventual turning again for a full cycle - or stopping with the buzzing sound in the console again ... I have been torn between either replacing the motor, the starter, or both ... What is the more likely item to replace? Or, something else ... I would appreciate any help!

Thanks, Joe Cioletti - joseph@cioletti.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.