Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frankla10  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2008 6:33:17 PM(UTC)
frankla10

Groups: Registered

I have a similar problem. Kitchen Aid Gas Dryer (KGYS750JQ0) that doesn't heat up anymore (it was intermittent for a week or so . . . now nothing). I'm wondering how to take the dryer apart and where / how to observe if the igniter is not working or what I might be able to test / observe to hone in on the real problem. Thank you!
frankla10  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:23:59 AM(UTC)
frankla10

Running the dryer this morning, I noticed that it did light initially and got hot. However, checking it 15 minutes later I notice that it must not be lighting again because the air is not hot anymore. Any thoughts
Gene  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:05:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sounds like the problem is a bad gas valve coil (#13 & #14 on the break down diagram).

You can find the complete disassembly instructions in one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...ions-changing-coils.html

- The part number for the coil kit is AP3094251

Here are the break down diagrams for the Kitchen Aid dryer Model KGYS750JQ0

Gene.
RickMondo  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:21:47 PM(UTC)
RickMondo

Gene

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Rick,

"If the temperature goes up above 130°F and down till about 100°F then there is nothing wrong with the dryer and the problem is somewhere else."

That is about the temps: It goes up to about 140 and down to about 100, although it doesn't stay at 140 for long (see times in previous post).

So what else could it be? Thanks.

Rick
Gene  
#15 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 8:21:51 AM(UTC)
Gene

Rick,

As soon as the temperature reaches the number assigned by the cycling thermostat, this thermostat breaks the heating circuit, heat goes "off" and stays "off" until the thermostat cools down and closes the circuit back. It cycles this way until the timer turns everything "off". I'm assuming there is nothing wrong with your dryer and if takes much longer time than usual, then the problem is outside the dryer.

Gene.
RickMondo  
#16 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 8:53:36 AM(UTC)
RickMondo

Gene,

The dryer is not vented to anything. It is sitting by itself with a gas line and a power line - that's it. There is no blockage inside the dryer anywhere. The air flow is strong leaving the dryer's rear air duct. This thing worked fine and one day stopped drying clothes. The flame seemed to not come on after first time so I replaced the coil. Now flame is fine but no/slow drying. Do dryers function ok but loose their ability to dry after 7 years? If the heat cycle is fine, is there anything that has to do with humidity removal that keeps the clothes from drying?
Gene  
#17 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 10:17:23 AM(UTC)
Gene

Rick,

I honestly do not see what else we can do. You probably have to call a qualified technician to check the dryer.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply