Discuss

Dryer Help: Dryer works fine and turns on fine but will stop heating after 1min

in

Dryer Repair

. "

Hello., I have a Frigidaire Electric Dryer Model GLEQ2152ES. My dryer had a bad bearing and heating coil so I

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dryer Repair » Dryer Help: Dryer works fine and turns on fine but will stop heating after 1min

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 05:35 AM

missjsmith11 is on a distinguished road
Default Dryer Help: Dryer works fine and turns on fine but will stop heating after 1min
Brand: -brand-   Age: Less than 1 year   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hello., I have a Frigidaire Electric Dryer Model GLEQ2152ES. My dryer had a bad bearing and heating coil so I replace it about 6 months ago. It was working perfect up untill a week ago when my cloth wasnt drying. I went ahead and took a look at it and it seems to work fine for the first 2 minutes of use and then the heating coiling doesn't heat anymore after those 2 minutes.. Just blows air. Anyone have a idea on what the problem might be? Thanks

Another thing, I switch the settings to Towels and it was heating really bad. The heating coils didnt want to stop heating. It ran like this for 4 minutes untill I had to stop it due to it was getting extremely hot.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 08-21-2010, 05:59 AM

missjsmith11 is on a distinguished road

Forgot to add

Sometimes the dryer will heat up extremely HOT, then sometimes it will not heat up at all. The drum spins perfectly and no weird sounds. My guess is that it needs a new Thermistor?
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.