Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
applescriptguru  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2010 9:08:39 PM(UTC)
applescriptguru

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I purchased a GE Profile Harmony dryer in 04/2005, and the touchpad is failing. Buttons in the upper right corner no longer respond to presses. Since it looks like a new touchpad will run somewhere close to $200, I'm wondering...

(a) Is this something I should try to contact GE about? I believe the dryer is just recently out of warranty for this (of course), so should I even bother to try to fight them on it?

(b) If it's not worth fighting with GE about, is this something I can repair myself? Would simply replacing the touchpad do the trick? Or, could there be something else wrong?

I appreciate any input.

Regards,

-Ben
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 10:04:13 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

GE does not release tech data so I cannot advise you, except that calling GE if the machine is out of warranty is not likely to be effective, although you may be able to talk them into sending you the part.

Putting it in should not be difficult, but you will have to figure out how to open up the console.
applescriptguru  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 2:00:48 PM(UTC)
applescriptguru

Groups: Registered

Thanks for your advice. I guess my other question, before I put out $200 for a new touchpad is, will replacing this piece solve the problem? Or, is it possible that there are other issues at play?

-Ben
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply