Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smoke20ncc  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:07:05 PM(UTC)
smoke20ncc

Groups: Registered

igniter coil glowes orange gas ignites and burns for 10 to 20 seconds, then shuts off. checked all vents and everything is clear, im lost on what part to change
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 3:12:27 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: smoke20ncc Go to Quoted Post
igniter coil glowes orange gas ignites and burns for 10 to 20 seconds, then shuts off. checked all vents and everything is clear, im lost on what part to change

Don't be lost, let me help you find yourself!! LOL!!! It sounds like the coils on the gas valve are malfunctioning. But, as a service man of 30 years, you have no idea, how many people said the vent is clear when it is not. So, if your vent goes right out the back of the dryer outside, your clear. If it has to go any distance, it could be blocked. Take the vent hose of the back of the dryer and run the same test. Also, does the flame come back on after the dryer cycles off the first time? I am suspecting that the coils are bad on the gas valve. It is a cheap and easy fix. Tom ApplianceEducator.com - Parts
smoke20ncc  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 4:59:59 AM(UTC)
smoke20ncc

Groups: Registered

yes i took the vent hose off and same result, the igniter coil and gas come back on at the first cycle also with the gas shutting off after 10 to 20 seconds again
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 5:38:16 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: smoke20ncc Go to Quoted Post
yes i took the vent hose off and same result, the igniter coil and gas come back on at the first cycle also with the gas shutting off after 10 to 20 seconds again

If I were you, I would replace the coils on the gas valve. Cheap, and easy repair, and the gas does not have to be shut off. Unplug the dryer before you start the repair. Tom ApplianceEducator.com - Parts
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply