Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Muzzy90G  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 1, 2008 6:49:08 AM(UTC)
Muzzy90G

Groups: Registered

I need to replace the belt on the gas dryer. I've diconected the gas and the vent pipe and taken out all the screws on the cabinet. How do I get the cabinet off? Should I be taking the cabinet off or is there a way to remove the front of the dryer to install the belt?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2008 12:56:54 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You have to remove the front panel, then the front sub-panel with the drum rollers. The new belt should have a picture for proper installation. Just remove the door hinge screws and the metal tabs and screws on the other side and the front panel will be free to take off.
I believe your dryer has the small idler pulley. If so, you rout the belt around the drum with the grooved side against the drum at the old wear marks, then reach under the drum with both hands and rout the belt around the idler pulley and motor pulley. Turn the drum by hand one revolution to ensure belt does not slip off the pulley. There is only ONE way to rout it to get proper tension on the belt. Good luck, not easy for a novice.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply