Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
baerfamily  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2008 6:39:30 PM(UTC)
baerfamily

Groups: Registered

:confused: I am really lost on where to start. If I try to start the dryer it buzzes as if the motor is trying to turn or start but when I let off the button the buzzing stops and the drum doesn't turn. It smells a little hot and I tried to turn the drum manually and then again try to turn it on again but had the same trouble. I took off the back of the dryer and looked and the belt does not appear to be broken. Here is where I am lost I do not really see how to get to the motor which is in the bottom part of the dryer. I am not sure what or how to test further? Any help is appreciated just bear in mind I have never worked on a dryer, hot water heater a couple times, but never a dryer. Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.