Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
grantham  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:31:25 AM(UTC)
grantham

Groups: Registered

Electric dryer Maytag model mde2600 AYW has power will not start. I cleaned out the lint trap/filter, I forgot to put it back in and dried a load of clothes. It now will not work. I push start and it just buzzes. I tried with help, holding in the door activator button and spinning the tube when I push start it still will not work. I blew out the lent trap real good. The only thing I think it could be maybe a thermal fuse, but I am just guessing at things can you help me please. :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

revndave  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:54:21 AM(UTC)
revndave

Possible motor or something caught in blower wheel.
Joe / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 7:18:12 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: grantham Go to Quoted Post
Electric dryer Maytag model mde2600 AYW has power will not start. I cleaned out the lint trap/filter, I forgot to put it back in and dried a load of clothes. It now will not work. I push start and it just buzzes. I tried with help, holding in the door activator button and spinning the tube when I push start it still will not work. I blew out the lent trap real good. The only thing I think it could be maybe a thermal fuse, but I am just guessing at things can you help me please. :confused:

You most likely have a small clothing article(a sock, is the most common) stuck in the blower fan assembly. That happens when you forget to install the lint filter and dry a load.

It is not a bad thermal fuse, the motor would not even buzz if that were the case.

You may have a damaged motor start winding but check for the sock in blower first.

To access the blower assembly :

You will need to remove the door (4 screws on side of door opening 2 on each side),

Front panel (no screws) twist upper area and pull panel out at the top.

Then remove front tumbler support (4 screws), and 1 screw(s) on each bracket holding the top to the cabinet(you'll need to raise the top slightly to remove support and loading area(plastic).

You may also need to remove the blower cover in the lower left corner of the base, for easier access the the blower wheel.

Hope this helps.
grantham  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 9:26:36 AM(UTC)
grantham

Thanks, You Were Right, My Baby Girls Infant Sock Had Worked Its Way Into The Filter Vent Slot, That I Did Not Replace And Had The Blower Motor Jammed. I Did Exactly As You Said And It"s Running Again. Now Do You Know Anything About Transmission Work For My Car, I Would Beat You Could Fix It.
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:42:56 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: grantham Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, You Were Right, My Baby Girls Infant Sock Had Worked Its Way Into The Filter Vent Slot, That I Did Not Replace And Had The Blower Motor Jammed. I Did Exactly As You Said And It"s Running Again. Now Do You Know Anything About Transmission Work For My Car, I Would Beat You Could Fix It.

Your welcome, for the assist on your dryer,glad it went well for you.
But I don't work on transmissions anymore
rainan  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 6:22:12 PM(UTC)
rainan

this site is excellent it really save me money.I hope the appliancepartspros will be more successful for helping people like me,thanks partspro more power to you.ray
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply