Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Johnny Cantu  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2007 8:50:09 AM(UTC)
Johnny Cantu

Groups: Registered

My dryer dries clothes but timer wont move I replaced the timer still has same problem what can I check to correct the problem. Thanks
Johnny
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Matt / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2007 9:35:28 AM(UTC)
Matt / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

It wont advance in any cycle? Does it make a difference if its in timed dry or auto-dry?
Johnny Cantu  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2007 5:28:52 PM(UTC)
Johnny Cantu

It doesnt make a difference
richappy  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2007 6:23:16 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
With a meter check the voltage to the timer motor. If none, you will need to trace out the wiring. Probably a missing common ground, only external wire that could cause problem.
Also, consider your new timer is bad, rotate timer a few times and spray some non-residue contact cleaner inside, might just fix it, more convenient than sending it back.
kthompson55  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:55:11 AM(UTC)
kthompson55

I am having the same issue with my Maytag Dependable Care Plus dryer. Replaced the Timer and still doesn't work. Have a wiring diagram, but now am concerned that it may be something internal (not in the control panel)? Maybe another wire disconnected or something? Model: LDE9304ACM
richappy  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:11:49 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Sometimes when you push in a connector, one or more pins may not make contact, just push in on the pins for the timer motor. If ok, I once found a spade terminal that didn't crimp a wire. To find this I had to do point to point continuity checks with ohm meter, took me two hrs. to find,uhgg!*
kthompson55  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 5:05:14 PM(UTC)
kthompson55

Ok, so this is what I've tried so far.

Checked the continuity doing the following...

Motor circuit:
1. Removed yellow wire from timer, tested that terminal to terminal with grey wire - read 0 ohms - Good!

Heating Circuit:
1. Removed black wire from timer, tested that terminal to terminal with pink wire - read 0 ohms - Good!
2. Removed black wire from timer, tested that terminal to terminal with blue wire - read 0 ohms - Good!

From what I've read, this all checks out good and shows no resistance to flow electricity.

Checked the voltage from timer by testing the two black wires to see if they carried 120 volts. No voltage detected? 0 volts?

Traced black wire back to pigtail terminal and it seems ok. What else can it be? I also double-checked all the terminals to make sure they were all on tight, they are!

The dryer works fine, heats up nicely, runs as long as we want, but just won't turn off!

Help!

Thanks again,
Ken
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply