Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dj1988  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:02:12 PM(UTC)
dj1988

Groups: Registered

My dryer is running fine, except tonight it started making a loud banging sound as the drum turns. It sounds as though there is a pair of tennis shoes tumbing in it. Any suggestions on what the problem might be. It makes this sound whether empty or loaded.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

morningchai  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:03:28 PM(UTC)
morningchai

Originally Posted by: dj1988 Go to Quoted Post
My dryer is running fine, except tonight it started making a loud banging sound as the drum turns. It sounds as though there is a pair of tennis shoes tumbing in it. Any suggestions on what the problem might be. It makes this sound whether empty or loaded.

Just curious if you ever figured out what was wrong. We just started having this same problem this past weekend.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks!
dj1988  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:20:58 PM(UTC)
dj1988

Yes, we did figure it out and I apologize, I should have posted the solution. It may not be what is wrong with your dryer, but here is what was wrong with mine. The dryer has a seam around the front interior which has a gap of about 1/4 ". This gap has caught clothing in the past, and they have become lodged in there during the drying cycle. Apparently what happened was a zipper head got caught in there, broke off, and actually ended up outside of the drum. The noise was coming from the seams on the exterior of the drum, knocking against the zipper head, as the drum turned. I had to call a technician to find this, but it was a cheap repair. Take the top off of the dryer unit, and turn the drum by hand you should be able to see/hear what is making the noise. That is how he found it. I don't know if this was very clear or not. Let me know if you need further.
morningchai  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2010 2:56:10 PM(UTC)
morningchai

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, but it sounds like your situation was pretty specific, hehe. Luckily, before we called anyone to come in, I thought to just loosen and re-tighten the 3 screws in the back of the inside of the dryer and I think that did the trick. But we'll see.

Thanks anyway and I'm glad to hear your solution wasn't a really pricey one. :)

Cheers!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply