Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
macmom  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2010 5:28:45 PM(UTC)
macmom

Groups: Registered

I think my heating element just burned out on my dryer. It is more than 13 years old and I have never had a problem with it. Tonight I dried a load of clothes that had a chenille blanket in it, the blanket creates a lot of lint, I checked it once and pulled out a bunch but then forgot about it until the load had finished and the lint shoot was packed with lint. I am guessing this would have overheated the element causing it to burn out but am wondering if it could be the thermal fuse instead.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2010 8:35:35 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You have to have an Ohmmeter to check a few parts for continuity in order to fix the dryer and save some $$$. Let us know when you ready.

Gene.
macmom  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2010 5:23:25 AM(UTC)
macmom

Yes my husband can perform those tasks, we just have to pull it out and get the back off. I will have to get him to do it on Sunday because I am going out of town tomorrow morning early and I know he won't feel like doing it after work tonight. I read one of your other posts walking someone through this process, you are a very kind man! I will post after he checks everything and let you know what we find. Thanks Gene!
macmom  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2010 6:33:47 PM(UTC)
macmom

Gene, I have read your other posts about checking continuity, they were for newer dryers, is there anything that might be different about mine that I will need to tell my husband to check ours? He will be doing it when he gets home from work tomorrow, thanks for your help.
macmom  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 7:50:39 AM(UTC)
macmom

Gene, Can you give me specific intructions on how to check our machine, the heating element has a connection on either end and there are 2 other things with wires going in and I am not sure which is the fuse etc... I know the machine is more than 13 years old but don't know exactly how old. Thanks!
stuttsmomof2  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 9:36:42 AM(UTC)
stuttsmomof2

sounds like we are having the same problem. is your dryer working on the fluff cycle? How did you find out about a termal fuse? I was told by Whirlpool it might be the heating element.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply