Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alp2823  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 8, 2010 4:48:48 PM(UTC)
alp2823

Groups: Registered

Just pick up this used dryer and the clothes don't finish to dry, it take a long time (maybe 1/2hr) before it quites to dry, then the error code, then takes about 2 min to cool down and then I could only start it back up, then runs for about 5 min and then shut down again. An error code E1 pops up.
From the research I have done, it appears that the Thermistor might be the cause. I took of the lint screen housing to gain access to the Therimstor, took this out and cleaned it, cleaned the outside connection off with sandpaper and re-installed it. Used a vaccuum to clean the housing and re-installed that. Still have the same problem. Went to the store to buy a new Thermistor, met a service dude there and he said measure the resistance....I did and it is 12.56 omhs at 68 degrees F.
Now it that a bit higher then normal and is this the part that could need to be replaced? If this is not the part that needs replacing????? HELP
Thank you
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.