Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wjweinhardt  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2010 11:11:29 AM(UTC)
wjweinhardt

Groups: Registered

Our Bosch dishwasher is 3 years old and is doing strange things. The time showing the length of the cycle is irregular and when it reaches the end it stay+6s at 1 min. and keeps running until you push the "cancel drain" buttons. when you open the dishwasher it seems the dry cycle has not run and the dishes are not as clean as they should be. I'd rather not call a serviceman if this is a common problem with a know fix. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and should be able to repair whatever it is. We are a little disappointed to have a problem so soon after owning a Maytag that went problem free for more then 20 years. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ob1  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:23:02 AM(UTC)
ob1

Hi ya I have the same issue.... did you ever get a fix...

in the passed I use to refill the washer with hot water from a kettle and that seemed to restart the cylcle and allow it to complete. However even this has failed.

so if you reslove can you let me know
PapofNC1  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:53:52 AM(UTC)
PapofNC1

I had the same problem, and found it to be caused by an open circuit in the heater. Apparently the failure to heat the water causes the system to lengthen the cycle in an attempt to extend the time for heating the water. Since it never gets hot enough, the machine stays at 1 and never completes.

The cause of the open circuit, in my machine was due to overheating of the relay on the control board, which burned up the relay pin. The relay carries the relatively high current of the heater circuit, which heats up the pin and circuitry. This is a poor thermal design, because the board in enclosed in a plastic box, which inhibits the airflow. You either have to jury rig the board to repair the connection, or buy the new control board. I was able to repair the board, and that fixed the timing issues.

If anyone has found a source for the relay, I would like to buy a new relay. I contacted the relay manufacturer, and they told me that the relay has never been sold in the US. The relay in made by Song Chuan. Part number is 899B-1C-F-C-6VDC
Mike Quattrini  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 1:24:08 PM(UTC)
Mike Quattrini

The connection between the relay and the circuit board doesn't stand up to that much current long term and burns out. I resoldered mine about three years ago and it's still doing fine. The relay shouldn't need replacement. This issue is covered inthe Troubleshooting manual available online, but the burnt connection is pretty easy to find and repair onthe circuit board. Saves buying an expensive part.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply