Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ragmop  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 5:01:31 AM(UTC)
ragmop

Groups: Registered

KitchenAid Dishwasher KUDP01FL: Called repairman to replace balance link kit. Then door extremely stiff to open & heard loud pop when one of the ropes came off the roller. Repairman came back & put rope back on & replaced door seal, then the door won't close & he claims need a new door latch. When he left, door again extremely stiff to open & heard same loud pop when one of the ropes came off the roller. Now he says he can't fix it and to call someone else. I now have three problems: (1) The door is too stiff when the new balance link kit is installed. I have tried feeding the rope first over the top roller & then under the bottom roller as the repairman left it and have tried feeding the rope first under the bottom roller & then over the top roller as my 7 year old installation guide shows and have installed the bottom roller in all three of the tension holes, but the door still is almost too stiff to use. (2) The rope keeps popping off the roller (3) The door won't stay closed. You now have to really push on the door to close it and something is causing so much outward tension on the top of the door that I don't think a new latch could hold. The only possible adjustment I can see is there are two slots that the door brackets can fit into and they are now in the most outside slots. If I moved the door to the inside slots, it would bring the bottom of the door out, which would allow the top of the door to go in, but I'm afraid I would cause leaking problems. I don't think he took the door off anyway, so I don't know why there's all this tension on the top of the door to make it spring back open.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.