Discuss

GE quiet power 3 will not reset

in

Dishwasher Repair

. "

I have a GE Quiet Power dishwasher and it has been acting up lately. Sometimes it will not drain completely,

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Dishwasher Repair » GE quiet power 3 will not reset

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 08:59 AM

bjurasic is on a distinguished road
Default GE quiet power 3 will not reset
Brand: GE   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a GE Quiet Power dishwasher and it has been acting up lately. Sometimes it will not drain completely, so usally if i run a new cycle, the water will drain. I saw on some posts that using the reset button may get this to drain for you, but i cannot seem to get this button to work correctly. The button is Start/Reset, so when i press it, the cycle that is selected runs and i cannot reset. What is the proper way to reset the diswasher?

thanks,

Brian

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 01-28-2011, 07:40 PM

Frank Miller is on a distinguished road

My GE Quiet Power does the same thing at times. Try pressing the start/reset button once and wait several minutes. All the lights should eventually go out and you can start again. If this doesn't work, try killing the power switch then back on, try the start/reset button again and wait 2-3 minutes again. The dishwasher seems to get easily confused, particularly if the start switch is held in too long or pressed more than once within the 2-3 minute timeframe.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.