Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sbrown  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2010 5:39:19 AM(UTC)
sbrown

Groups: Registered

Hi, I hope someone can help point me in the right direction. I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher that is not washing items in the top rack satisfactorily. We have figured out that it seems like the very top spinner is not spinning. It spins free by hand. I took the water feed tube and assembly out to make sure it isn't clogged. The lower spinner and the spinner on the bottom of the top rack both get enough pressure to spin, I don't know how aggressively, I just know they are moving. I'm thinking the pump is too weak to pump enough water up to the top spinner to make it work. Any confirmations or other ideas? Thanks in advance for you time.
--
Stan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

darth  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2010 7:45:52 AM(UTC)
darth

Originally Posted by: sbrown Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I hope someone can help point me in the right direction. I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher that is not washing items in the top rack satisfactorily. We have figured out that it seems like the very top spinner is not spinning. It spins free by hand. I took the water feed tube and assembly out to make sure it isn't clogged. The lower spinner and the spinner on the bottom of the top rack both get enough pressure to spin, I don't know how aggressively, I just know they are moving. I'm thinking the pump is too weak to pump enough water up to the top spinner to make it work. Any confirmations or other ideas? Thanks in advance for you time.
--
Stan

I have the same problem. I discovered that the upper spinner was all eaten out like an old water pipe. I replaced the upper spinner with the new one piece design and it still isn't getting the glasses clean. The new spinner mounts at an angle and I don't remember if the original did or not. How can you tell if the upper spinner is turning or not with the door closed? BTW my model number is a KUDI24SEBL1
Gene  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2010 12:51:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Stan,

You may want to check the chopper (#6 on the diagram) as described in one of our previous threads: http://forum.appliancepartspros...hirlpool-dishwasher.html

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KUDI01ILBL6 Undercounter Dishwasher | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:01:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: darth Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem. I discovered that the upper spinner was all eaten out like an old water pipe. I replaced the upper spinner with the new one piece design and it still isn't getting the glasses clean. The new spinner mounts at an angle and I don't remember if the original did or not. How can you tell if the upper spinner is turning or not with the door closed? BTW my model number is a KUDI24SEBL1

What is the part number of the upper spinner you installed?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KUDI24SEBL1 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
sbrown  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2010 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
sbrown

N/M...I spoke before I looked.
darth  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2010 7:03:23 AM(UTC)
darth

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
What is the part number of the upper spinner you installed? I purchased the new spinner locally so I don't have the part number, but it looks just like your AP3115182 and AP3044177.
sbrown  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2010 8:08:47 AM(UTC)
sbrown

Alright, Gene, you are the man. Thank you VERY much. Went home at lunchtime, pulled the lower grate apart, cleaned out the chopper inlet and she's working GREAT. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Saved me 160 bucks and a load of time.....kudos
--
Stan
Gene  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2010 3:17:34 PM(UTC)
Gene

Stan, you are welcome. I'm glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Gene  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2010 3:24:47 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: darth Go to Quoted Post
I purchased the new spinner locally so I don't have the part number, but it looks just like your AP3115182 and AP3044177.

Can you see a white stuff build up inside the dishwasher?

What is the condition of the pump filter (#9 on the diagram)?

Is the supply tube (#6 on the diagram) properly connected to the feed tube outlet when the upper dish rack is all the way in?

Gene.
darth  
#10 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 10:25:38 AM(UTC)
darth

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Can you see a white stuff build up inside the dishwasher?

What is the condition of the pump filter (#9 on the diagram)?

Is the supply tube (#6 on the diagram) properly connected to the feed tube outlet when the upper dish rack is all the way in?

Gene.

I can definitely see a white build up on the inside of the dishwasher. It isn't a calcium or lime scale, because I can easily wipe it off with my finger (leaving a white powder on my finger).
I scrubbed the inside with soap, and then have run a couple of cups of Citric acid through the washer and just tried a cup of vinegar on rinse only. Still leaves the white film on the inside of the washer each time. Tried using less soap, still no luck.

The pump filter appears in good shape, and clean.

The supply tube appears to mate correctly with the feed tube when the upper rack is all the way in.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply