Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
romeroom  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 5, 2007 2:54:30 PM(UTC)
romeroom

Groups: Registered

Our dishwasher has been making a lound noise during the wash cycle. [While the tub is filling up, it does not make the noise.] It has gotten consistently louder in the past few weeks. Sometimes the noise id deafning if your standing close to the dishwasher.

I cleaned the inside all the way to the little "food chopper" screen, with no relief. During the wash cycle, I open the dishwasher door and it provides good evidence that it is washing. The dishes come out for the most part clean, though I've been very disappointed with the dishwasher's ability to clean. From the beginning it has left "rocks" stuck on glasses, no matter how often we use water softner/treatment.

Anyway, right now I would like some suggestions as to what any of you think the noise may be coming from. I'd like to have an educated guess as to what motor I may need to replace. If it would help, I can provide you with a brief audio recording of the noise.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

godlymom  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 4:38:35 PM(UTC)
godlymom

I have been having the same problem. Our dealer asked if I had cleaned the food chopper screen. I cannot even find it. No instructions on how to do it at all. Ours is an Amana and the company took all the small businesses out of the loop as far as selling and servicing the appliances. If we had known this when we bought the appliances, then we would have gone with another manufacturer.
kawfeeman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:12:51 PM(UTC)
kawfeeman

Groups: Senior Expert

Originally Posted by: romeroom Go to Quoted Post
Our dishwasher has been making a lound noise during the wash cycle. [While the tub is filling up, it does not make the noise.] It has gotten consistently louder in the past few weeks. Sometimes the noise id deafning if your standing close to the dishwasher.

I cleaned the inside all the way to the little "food chopper" screen, with no relief. During the wash cycle, I open the dishwasher door and it provides good evidence that it is washing. The dishes come out for the most part clean, though I've been very disappointed with the dishwasher's ability to clean. From the beginning it has left "rocks" stuck on glasses, no matter how often we use water softner/treatment.

Anyway, right now I would like some suggestions as to what any of you think the noise may be coming from. I'd like to have an educated guess as to what motor I may need to replace. If it would help, I can provide you with a brief audio recording of the noise.

Thanks for your help.

if the noise is during the wash cycle, and you have cleaned down to the chopper than you may have a bad bearing in the motor or a small water leak and it is seeping into the motor and your motor is whining or even grinding ?
romeroom  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:24:38 PM(UTC)
romeroom

Originally Posted by: godlymom Go to Quoted Post
I have been having the same problem. Our dealer asked if I had cleaned the food chopper screen. I cannot even find it. No instructions on how to do it at all. Ours is an Amana and the company took all the small businesses out of the loop as far as selling and servicing the appliances. If we had known this when we bought the appliances, then we would have gone with another manufacturer.

Thanks for your reply. As it relates to my problem, it turned out to be the food chopper. I fixed it myself, like most things things it saves a lot of money. Food choppers in dishwashers are in difficult places and often hard to reach; but if you're persistent, you can do it. Often, parts stores online will show you a diagram of where the parts are.

Good luck.
gbenusa  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 9:33:24 AM(UTC)
gbenusa

Hi romeroom,

just wondering where you found the food chopper?

Thanks
romeroom  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 11:22:11 AM(UTC)
romeroom

AppliancePartsPros.com is one place that had my chopper, though I ended up picking it up at a local supply store. If Appliance Pros does not show it online, give them a call and they can probably get it for you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply